UNIPaaS Payments Technologies
About the job
UNIPaaS is a global, cloud-based fintech platform designed to respond to the diverse payment needs of your growing businesses.
We deliver secure, reliable and compliant ‘as a service’ solutions to scaling digital platforms and merchants.
The UNIPaaS solution provides businesses with flexible pay-in/pay-out options both locally and globally. This allows merchants to drive up their margins while sparing them from dealing with the technical and regulatory hurdles.
We have designed an embedded payment stack, built from the ground up to facilitate complex multi-vendor models. Our solution gives platforms the ability to offer a seamless user experience, complete control and transparency, real-time insights, and the strategic value of generating new growth engines by offering additional financial services.
As a Risk Manager, you will play a crucial role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks that may impact the organization's operations, financial stability, and reputation. Your responsibilities will include developing risk management strategies, implementing risk assessment frameworks, monitoring risk exposures, and providing recommendations to senior management to minimise potential threats. You will collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure effective risk management practices across the organisation and promote a risk-aware culture.
The salary range for this role is £35,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on experience.21 days of paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays.The ability to work from home remotely 2 days a week.Pension contribution – 3%
You will do
- Develop and implement risk management strategies and frameworks tailored to the organisation's objectives and risk appetite.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritise potential risks across the organisation, considering both internal and external factors.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans to minimise potential impacts on the organisation's operations, financials, and reputation.
- Monitor risk exposures and key risk indicators (KRIs), regularly reviewing risk management processes and implementing necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure risk mitigation measures are integrated into business operations, processes, and projects.
- Provide guidance and support to business units on risk identification, assessment, and mitigation techniques.
- Conduct risk analysis and reporting, highlighting key risks, trends, and emerging threats to senior management and stakeholders.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulatory requirements, and best practices in risk management, recommending enhancements to existing risk frameworks and policies.
- Review flags related to Sanction Lists screening and PEPs screening on a daily basis, determining whether the flags should be escalated or considered as false positives.
- Handle credit card disputes proactively to prevent them from becoming chargebacks, providing assistance to clients in effectively defending against the disputes using best practices.
You will need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business administration, or a related field is desirable but not mandatory to have.
- Proven experience (2 years at least) in risk management, preferably within a similar industry or organisation.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify, assess, and quantify risks effectively.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management strategies and frameworks.
- Proficiency in risk assessment tools and techniques, such as risk registers, risk heat maps, and scenario analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with relevant risk management software and tools.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), or similar certifications are a plus/
The salary range for this role is £35,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on
An early stage, well-funded startup, founded by experts in the payments and fintech industry. UNIPaaS develops an innovative white-label, ‘Embedded Finance’ Solution for SaaS B2B platforms, which helps them to add Fintech services to their platform.
Our unique, disruptive approach to the fintech world positions UNIPaaS as a category leader in the space of Embedded Finance and B2B payments.
At UNIPaaS you’ll have the opportunity to have a major impact on the service level we are providing, solve complex challenges, and transform the way B2B platforms are handling their business financial aspects.