UNIPaaS Payments Technologies
About the job
UNIPaaS is a global, cloud-based fintech platform designed to respond to the diverse payment needs of your growing businesses.
We deliver secure, reliable and compliant ‘as a service’ solutions to scaling digital platforms and merchants.
The UNIPaaS solution provides businesses with flexible pay-in/pay-out options both locally and globally. This allows merchants to drive up their margins while sparing them from dealing with the technical and regulatory-hurdles.
We have designed an embedded payment stack, built from the ground up to facilitate complex multi-vendor models. Our solution gives platforms the ability to offer a seamless user experience, complete control and transparency, real-time insights, and the strategic value of generating new growth engines by offering additional financial services.
We are looking for an Underwriting Specialist that will be responsible forreviewing merchant applications, assessing the risk associated with thoseapplications and monitoring live accounts on an ongoing basis. Using-established underwriting guidelines, you will evaluate various merchants acrossdifferent verticals.
The salary range for this role is £25,000 – £32,000 per annum depending on experience .21 days of paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays.The ability to work from home remotely 2 days a week.Pension contribution – 3%.
You will do
- Evaluate and assess new applications (SMBs and Sole Traders) according to UNIPaaS guidelines.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of high-profile customers, if necessary, based on an internal risk scoring matrix.
- Assess applicants background information and current financial situation in order to identify the risk involved.
- Communicate with customers through a variety of channels to collect relevant information.
- Perform other due diligence as needed to determine the credibility of the clients.
- Determine approval or declines of new clients’ applications, whenever a special review is required during onboarding.
- Specify any account opening conditions for certain application to ensure regulations are met.
- Review suspicious account activities, analyze trends and take measures to deter fraud once a merchant account has gone live.
- Collaborate with other teams across the group, to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding experience.
- Provide ongoing support to the Product and Operation teams.
You will need
- A fundamental understanding of client onboarding and ongoing monitoring, preferably within the payments industry.
- Proven experience (minimum of 2 years) in risk Underwriting, preferably within a similar industry or organization.
- An understanding of various business models risk exposure.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Diligent and thorough, able to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
- An appetite to learn with an innate curiosity, and ability to think creatively when directives are unstructured or uncertain.
- Be able to think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
- A strong desire to contribute to the success of UNIPaaS growth plans.
- An understanding of the payments industry, this includes but not limited to: credit cards, APMs, eWallets, etc…
An early stage, well-funded startup, founded by experts in the payments and fintech industry. UNIPaaS develops an innovative white-label, ‘Embedded Finance’ Solution for SaaS B2B platforms, which helps them to add Fintech services to their platform.
Our unique, disruptive approach to the fintech world positions UNIPaaS as a category leader in the space of Embedded Finance and B2B payments.
At UNIPaaS you’ll have the opportunity to have a major impact on the service level we are providing, solve complex challenges, and transform the way B2B platforms are handling their business financial aspects.