Engineering Manager 1 - Source Code Integration
Datadog’s Source Code Integration team allows our customers to connect their telemetry with their Git repositories. It allows debugging stack traces, slow profiles, and other issues by accessing the relevant lines of source code. They own the services, infrastructure and workflows to centralize how our product teams build features and integrate customer’s repositories.
We’re looking for a hands-on technical leader to cultivate this team of mid to senior engineers, while also helping to shape the ambitious product roadmap to ensure Datadog’s full product-suite becomes more and more developer-friendly and continue on the “shift-left” expansion of the Datadog platform into the software development process.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical and architectural discussions to better understand challenges and problems faced by our team and the engineering community
- Stay in touch with your team’s code, and roll up your sleeves when needed to unblock your team by writing code or troubleshooting issues
- Lead and cultivate a team of engineers with a diverse skill-set, including performance management and career development
- Own and drive relationship with product teams and major stakeholders helping to prioritize on impact towards the team’s north star
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work on a timely manner
- Run OKR process to define and align team’s quarterly goals with the needs of the business and platform
Who You Are:
- Experience building out robust platforms made up of services, data stores and data streams prioritizing impact and sustainability
- Proven ability to work closely with product and internal teams to architect solutions at high scale
- You have significant experience in one or more backend languages, such as Go, Python or Java; and with different types of data stores, such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis or ElasticSearch
- You understand the common industry patterns for ensuring high availability and performance in distributed systems
- Passionate to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment providing leadership and direction for a highly technical team
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.