Engineering Manager 1 - Trino Query Engine
The Trino team at Datadog builds and operates a query system that offers users to execute SQL queries over the observability data that reside in Datadog’s petabyte-scale storage systems - such as logs and application traces. The system is used across the company for several use cases - both customer facing and for internal analytics and data science. The Trino team is part of XPQ (Cross-Product Query) which owns multiple query platforms that serve hundreds of thousands of queries per second in total. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead this team.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a growing team of 5 engineers, including giving appropriate mentorship and coaching to help them grow.
- Help the team plan its work to execute on the quarterly goals
- Share on-call responsibilities with rest of the team and ensure a culture of operational excellence
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering Leadership to define the vision and roadmap for the team
- Be technically involved with the team - reviewing architecture decisions or RFCs to make sure the team is making sound decisions and good processes are in place. You are also welcome to contribute directly though this is not a strict requirement.
- Be part of XPQ’s leadership team and be involved in org-wide initiatives
Who You Are:
- Experience with distributed systems or database internals.
- Experience with or interest in analytics and big data processing engines
- Experience operating a production system with high traffic
- Previous experience with query processing, planning and optimization (nice to have)
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.