Senior Security Engineer - Application Security
As an Application Security Engineer, you will integrate and engineer scalable security solutions throughout each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to protect our customers from potential security threats and attacks. We work closely with product and platform engineers across various domains of the Datadog stack, driving a culture of empowering engineers to have strong security ownership of their products and services through the development of security resources and tools that help promote a secure by default model. Not only do we partner with engineering teams to identify security risks that can impact our overall security posture, we work alongside them and collaborate to develop security solutions and standards to mitigate these risks to our customers and their data. You will be involved in every step of the team’s work: discussing with other teams, designing projects, building and operating them (in a full DevSecOps manner).
You’ll join at an ideal time for making a big impact. Our product is seeing very high growth, with the platform becoming more interactive and new products and features being developed regularly including products for the Security space.
At Datadog, we value people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop security guidance, then work with engineering teams to align new features to achieve world-class security.
- Build security into Datadog’s SDLC from design to development, testing, deployment, and even in the use of our products by customers.
- Discover the top security challenges we face and partner with teams across the company to be hands-on in implementing your security recommendations.
- Empathize with the full spectrum of our customers and our engineers by advocating for effective solutions that scale with the needs of our business and our customers.
- Conduct threat modeling to new and existing products to identify security gaps and prioritize impactful, effective risk mitigation
- Leverage Datadog’s home-grown security products to secure our application, and provide internal feedback that enables our teams to improve the products for ourselves and our customers.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about advocating for and implementing solutions to complex problems, at-scale, in a large multi-cloud environment.
- You don’t want to just provide security recommendations, you want to help implement them.
- You have prior experience in Development Operations, Software Engineering, Security Architecture, Application Security or Offensive Security.
- Have experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and infrastructure workloads (Kubernetes or containerization).
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively, willing to work in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- You stay updated with modern security best practices, technologies and emerging threats
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
- Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at a high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.