Senior Open Source Advocate
Datadog is committed to open source. It starts with our Agent, tracers, libraries, and SDKs all being open source. But it goes so much further. From open standards to open collaboration, it’s a core part of who we are and what we do. As part of the Advocacy team, you will be focusing on building tools, documentation, policies, etc. that improve how our engineers interact with Open Source projects (our own and third-party projects), as well as representing Datadog in Open Source communities.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture, the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain tools that ease producing and releasing Open Source software at Datadog
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials around contributing to open source and maintaining open source projects
- Interface with open source communities to understand problems and trends in the market
- Create tools to automatically analyze and report on Open Source repositories trends and statistics
- Interface with Datadog Open Source Partners candidates and recipients to select new projects for the program and ensure that the program stays useful
- Research and write content for the Datadog Open Source Hub
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code
Who You Are:
- You have a record of being an active contributor (i.e. code, bugs, design, documentation) to at least one influential open source project
- Approximately 5+ years of being an active member of an open source community
- Approximately 10+ years of experience as a software developer, SRE, or other practitioner
- Bonus points if you are familiar with different Open Source licenses and Contributor License Agreements
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.