Senior Product Designer - Bits AI
As the Senior Product Designer for Bits AI, you will own the end-to-end design of Datadog’s chatbot, Bits AI, and shape the direction of AI experience throughout the Datadog platform.
The Bits AI chatbot surfaces insights from a user’s environment and correlates key data from across the Datadog platform through generative AI and large language models (LLM). Based on prompts, Bits AI can help users resolve issues and streamline explorations by suggesting pertinent dashboards, creating synthetic tests, and finding relevant workflows to trigger. You’ll be responsible for understanding in-depth how Datadog users can leverage AI and work closely with Product, Engineering, and Data Scientists to design intuitive and novel experiences.
We’re looking for a designer who is passionate about AI and willing to become an AI expert within the design team. You’ll work on the Service Management, Automation, and Response Tools design team and closely collaborate with Design Systems to create common AI patterns that other designers can leverage in their products and advise on when these patterns should be broken. You will also be part of a dedicated engineering and product team to help integrate the chatbot with our customer’s web and Slack experiences.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to form your own opinion on which opportunities are most valuable to prioritize, ensuring that the design strategy is well-planned, elegant and efficiently executed.
- Act as an end-to-end product designer who can sketch, prototype, test, and see your product through to production.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and a deep understanding of Datadog’s capabilities to identify opportunities to enhance our AI experiences across web, mobile, and Slack.
- Dive deep into how users ask questions and how Bits AI responds to create a taxonomy of how the AI should interpret and generate straightforward and actionable responses.
- Evangelize AI best practices across the design organization and work closely with the Design Systems team to create reusable components and documentation to communicate AI guidelines with other product managers and designers.
- Communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions internally to your product team and the whole company.
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built and Q/A them before we ship.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping AI/ML or chat products.
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator who is able to clearly communicate your design work and justify your design decisions.
- You have experience with advanced modern-day UX/UI tools (e.g. Figma).
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns.
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You have experience in a SaaS or B2B startup and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $157,000 to $205,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.