Engineering Manager I - Agent Build & Releases
The Datadog Agent is the first point of contact for every Datadog customer, and most Datadog products rely on the agent to collect the data needed to power their features. When customers install the agent on their infrastructure, it begins to collect data that can then be queried, displayed in dashboards, used for alerting and all the other features Datadog’s platform offers. Developing a best-in-class user experience for Datadog Agent is essential to our business. The Agent Builds and Releases Team is crucial to that effort.
The Agent Builds & Releases team is responsible for developing agent package builds that are fast, correct, reproducible, reliable, and auditable. The team also ensures all agents have a small footprint and respect the conditions of distribution from the third-party software we depend on.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a 4pp team of engineers to maintain and improve agent packaging.
- Mentor engineers within your team, supporting them in career development
- Own CI, build systems & definition and integration of the package builds with the package release tooling.
- Collaborate closely with all product teams at Datadog that contribute to the agent.
- Work mostly in Open Source, conduct code reviews, and contribute to the team’s code base
Who You Are:
- An engineering manager or tech lead with at least 1 year of experience
- 3+ years of experience with software development in Go/Python/Java
- Someone used to working with shipped software, particularly in linux
- Bonus points: experience with or passionate about working on Open Source projects
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.