Director, People Operations
Datadog is seeking a Director, EMEA People Operations who can build relationships and work closely with leadership and our People team to help support our growing global organization. This role will manage all People Operations functions in the region including Payroll, Compliance, Benefits, and Immigration. This position will work closely with People Business Partners (PBPs), Legal, Finance and Corporate Development to support the specific needs of the Region while working strategically on all People programs and initiatives. You will play a significant role in defining key practices and policies which ensure we remain a top employer in this region.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Report to the VP Global People Operations and will serve as the Regional Leader overseeing region-specific topics and requests, such as policies, local labor law changes impacting HR processes, and compliance.
- Direct a team of 14 experienced managers and individual contributor professionals in payroll, benefits, compliance, and immigration within the region.
- Travel to regional offices and build relationships with EMEA site leaders to provide guidance on various areas, including attendance, policy management, and engagement.
- Establish yourself as the primary contact for Recruiting and Office Operations in the Region, ready to address and assist where needed.
- Act as Project lead for any new topic that needs different EMEA functions to come together.
- Take the lead in managing the works council in France and address employee relations issues with an empathetic and solution-oriented approach.
- Proactively recommend and drive improvements to People systems, policies, and processes, supporting the rapid growth, including managing Datadog’s PEO vendor in our smaller countries.
- Oversee People integration activities for acquisitions in the Region.
- Assist employees and managers in resolving workplace issues and grievances.
Who You Are:
- Degree in human resources management or in Labor law or equivalent work experience
- Experience dealing with French Employment Law, Employee Relations, & Compliance
- At least 10+ years of working experience in the field of HR/Operations
- Proven success in fast-paced environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- A master in your project management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Able to adapt your approach and pivot your skillset from strategic, high level program implementation to granular day-to-day needs of a fast paced business
- Strong in your interpersonal and communication skills and able to build relationships and trust at all levels of the organization.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and cross-departmental buddy program
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.