Senior Software Engineer - Database Monitoring
The Database Monitoring team at Datadog is building products to monitor databases and data stores in depth. We are building an industry-leading product to surface database insights and pinpoint our customers’ performance problems without them having to lift a finger.
As an engineer on the Database Monitoring team, you will be part of a fast-moving team working on the functionality of the open-source Datadog Agent and Agent Integrations which collect telemetry from our customers’ databases and systems. The Datadog Agent is deployed on millions of customer hosts in containerized environments, on virtual machines, and in dedicated datacenters. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, application tracing, and security insights for tens of thousands of companies.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the success of the Database Monitoring product, a successful and rapidly-growing product in Datadog’s product suite
- Write code for new features and bug fixes in the open-source Datadog Agent
- Work with your team to own the architecture and governance of the Agent codebase, ensuring high quality of code contributions from all contributors
- Solve complex scaling challenges with large volumes of data
- Investigate performance bottlenecks and write optimized resource-efficient software
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of professional experience writing Go, Python, Java, Rust, or C/C++
- You can design architectures to solve problems at high scale
- You have experience building and shipping packaged or downloadable software
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.