Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Platforms
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us scale Datadog's Cloud Integrations organization, working with current and emerging cloud providers. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to one of the most critical platforms at Datadog. You will help scale a system that is critical to our customers. This is an opportunity to accelerate the growth of one of the most profitable parts of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and drive high priority, high visibility projects that increase resilience and scalability across multiple teams
- Lead and guide others through architectural decisions for new and existing distributed, high-throughput, real-time systems
- Provide input on prioritization of engineering-led initiatives in short- and long-term planning and roadmaps
- Collaborate closely with partner platforms that integrate and depend on the alerting platform to provide critical capabilities to their customers
- Mentor and Develop Senior Engineers, coaching them through their work and providing feedback on their designs
Who You Are
- You have led cross-team initiatives in a platform or infrastructure-focused environment
- Preferably you have experience with major public clouds and an interest in emerging cloud technologies
- You are “Product Minded” and led impactful technical initiatives that have had real business impact (P&L)
- You have a reliability-oriented mindset and care deeply about designing and building resilient architectures
- You have significant programming experience, preferably in GoLang, and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have mentored and coached senior engineers.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000.00 to $300,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.