Software Engineer - Core Observability
The Core Observability team influences reliability engineering practices at Datadog through an efficient use of observability. Our mission is to establish golden paths and observability best practices that engineering teams can easily adopt, which includes the execution of optimization opportunities about how we use Datadog at Datadog. The team is partnering with product and infrastructure teams across the organization to define, implement and influence solutions to meet the observability needs at Datadog. We build tools and automation to support our internal observability cases in a self-service and/or easy-to-use manner to ease adoption.
The systems and tooling the team uses include: Datadog, Bazel, Temporal, Terraform, Kubernetes and data storages.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish new golden paths for observability and build adoption for them across Engineering at Datadog (for eg. Access Control, Production Service Catalog, Multi-Regional Datadog Configuration).
- Design and implement internal tooling that supports our observability use cases in partnership with Engineering teams.
- Work with our product teams to influence and agree on solutions for internal observability use cases. By doing this, we also promote best practices and improve reliability across Datadog products!
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years experience in software engineering
- You have the ability to explore and analyze problems to propose efficient and easy to adopt solutions.
- You have hands-on experience with a structured programming language (Go, Python)
- You have strong communication skills and experience working in cross-team program/projects
- You have experience leading the adoption of programs/projects with wide impact across Engineering
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.