Manager I, Engineering - Fabric Gateways
The Fabric Gateways team is responsible for building and maintaining a suite of managed proxy fleets that allow developers to focus on building and improving products and services, without being networking experts. We enable Datadog engineers to expose their services to both internal and external customers in a secure, reliable and scalable way without worrying about network interactions in distributed systems.
As our infrastructure grows, our team has also grown significantly and we need a great manager who can help accompany the growth of this young team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey of Datadog in the networking space, this is the best place to be in!
As the Engineering Manager of the Fabric Gateways team, you will manage a team of 5+ software and system engineers, and will work closely with the team and your counterparts from the other infrastructure and platform teams to ensure the availability and scalability of Datadog’s most critical systems.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and cultivate a team of engineers with a diverse skill-set, including performance management and career development.
- Identify the highest impact initiatives and ensure that the team is focused on delivering those on clear timelines.
- Lead your team’s roadmap by defining inspiring objectives and breaking them down into well-defined key results.
- Ensure that the services you own have accurate SLIs and are constantly available at well-defined SLOs.
- Contribute to the team’s technical direction and architectural decisions.
- Stay in touch with your team’s code, and roll up your sleeves when needed to unblock your team by writing code or troubleshooting issues.
Who You Are:
- You have managed a team of software engineers delivering large-scale infrastructure projects.
- You have backend programming experience (e.g. C++, Go, Rust) and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at scale.
- You have a solid understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, DNS) as well as experience in troubleshooting Linux and network performance.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.