Library Software Engineer - Java (EMEA)
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing, profiling and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert Java / Java Runtime developer who can help push our JVM tracing, profiling and dynamic instrumentation tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open-source software!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Write open-source code that instruments thousands of Java applications around the world with minimal overhead
- Drive our open-source Java projects and engage with the community (e.g. the Datadog community, OpenJDK and OpenTelemetry) to find and fix the most important challenges
- Join a great team building software the right way
Who You Are:
- Your knowledge of the JVM is deep and you’ve been in direct contact with JVM internals
- You’re knowledgeable about JIT optimization techniques, you’ve wrestled different garbage collector algorithms, fixed race conditions and you know the acronyms BCI and ASM
- You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Java code
- You’re experienced with tools to collect diagnostic and profiling data (e.g. JFR and JMC)
- You’re experienced with performance optimization of applications, frameworks and libraries
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You are not afraid to explore the code base of existing frameworks and libraries
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
- You know another language that runs on the JVM, like Scala or Clojure
- You have significant experience with C++/C or Rust
- You have experience with Java EE
- You have experience with multiple programming models for concurrency, such as Akka
- You have experience with other Runtimes, such as J9 and GraalVM
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.