Product Solutions Architect (Networking)
A Product Solutions Architect (PSA) will work closely with Datadog customers and Datadog’s Product Management teams.They will help architect solutions to implement the Datadog. SA’s ensure that customer needs have been met and that the solution is fully functioning according to specification. SA’s are accountable for the outcome of these initiatives, and frequently collaborate with other Datadog resources to drive success.
The Networks team at Datadog is responsible for building the next generation of network monitoring tools for both on-premise and cloud environments. We spend our time thinking about how organizational requirements around visibility into the network change as companies migrate to the cloud. Our goal is to provide a single, seamless solution to our customers – network and application engineers alike – whether they need insights into their Kubernetes container traffic, identify cloud provider outages, or track the health of physical networking equipment (e.g. routers and switches).
- Partner closely with the Sales + Sales Engineering teams to provide product opportunity guidance, such as deal qualification, and building tailored demos depending on the varying network visibility requirements, such as visibility into service meshes (e.g Istio), or traditional datacenter monitoring (e.g routing & switching).
- Capture and share architecture best practices around Datadog network products (NPM & NDM).
- Work closely with Product Management to provide feedback, and suggest updates to Datadog’s Network Monitoring product suite (NDM, NPM) based on your field experience working closely with customers.
- Lead customer deep dive calls and educate our technical field staff.
- Grow and manage a new networks-focused SME team
- Experienced in networking concepts L2-L7 protocols and technologies (Linux and/or Windows), networking device management, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration, load balancing, DNS, VPC’s and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies
- Fluent in understanding the monitoring market domain, competitive solutions, technological shifts and customer needs
- Experienced working with customers in designing/implementing network architecture and solutions.
- A deep learner with hands on experience setting up on-prem and cloud networks, or hands on SRE experience.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $134,000.00 to $196,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.