Engineering Manager I - Fabric RPC
Engineering Manager I - Fabric RPC
Fabric RPC team is a critical part of Datadog's infrastructure organization, focusing on simplifying the developer experience by providing robust, up-to-date, and user-friendly data plane components for service-to-service communication. Our mission involves owning and innovating in Datadog-flavored GRPC libraries across supported languages (Python, Go, Java), Envoy service mesh sidecars, and authentication and authorization systems for service-to-service communication.
As an Engineering Manager on the Fabric RPC team, you'll have the unique opportunity to lead a team of skilled engineers in developing and maintaining key components that drive our network’s efficiency and reliability. You'll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our network infrastructure, ensuring it’s not only robust and efficient but also delivers an exceptional user and developer experience.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers responsible for the development and maintenance of Datadog’s RPC libraries and services.
- Drive the development of operational tools to provide developers with telemetry, diagnostics, and debugging capabilities.
- Improve the robustness of our service communication through developing and driving the adoption of innovative dataplane features like subsetting, client-side load balancing with load reporting and more.
- Collaborate with other teams to align the Fabric RPC team's roadmap with Datadog’s overall strategic goals.
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience.
- You have experience in leading engineering teams, with a focus on networking, RPC, or service meshes.
- You are adept at developing and operating large-scale distributed systems, with a strong understanding of network protocols and service communication.
- You are passionate about improving developer experience and operational efficiency.
- You are skilled in cross-functional collaboration and comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are a strategic thinker with a track record of translating complex technical concepts into actionable plans.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP).
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing.
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking.
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups).
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions.
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+.
- Competitive global benefits.
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.