Product Counsel (NYC)
We are seeking a motivated lawyer who will serve as a partner and counselor in the room, providing advice to Datadog’s product-related teams and leaders on all phases of the product development life cycle, including product ideation, development, go-to-market, and post-sales support.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise Engineering and Product teams on key aspects of their business, both proactively and reactively.
- Support product development and deployment by reviewing product releases for issues related to intellectual property, open source, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory issues.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to find design solutions that satisfy business goals and best position products within the current and future legal landscape.
- Review, draft and negotiate technology agreements, including technology partner agreements and product-related consulting, vendor, and development agreements.
- Coordinate advice with other Legal advisors and cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Tax and others.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to improve processes and ensure business needs are not just satisfied, but optimized.
Who You Are:
- A law school graduate and attorney with a minimum of 4 years of combined relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm, a technology company, or government entity.
- A professional with demonstrated experience advising clients on Software as a Service (SaaS) products and services.
- A member of the New York Bar in good standing (or qualified to register as In-House Counsel with the New York state Bar).
- A graduate from a technical degree program (ideally related to computer programming) or someone with equivalent professional experience in computer software.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $170,000.00 to $250,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.