Senior Software Engineer - AI Code Insights
AI Code Insights is a brand new team that will build experiences that help developers proactively troubleshoot errors, bugs and performance issues. The team will use state-of-the-art LLM techniques to build a CoPilot-like experience that integrates a deep understanding of our customer’s code base with the deep and valuable runtime data we collect.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Create AI-assisted experiences that empower developers with actionable information, such as LLM-generated unit tests and integration tests that reproduce their production issues, code fixes, and even explanations on why particular code changes caused issues.
- Collaborate with the Datadog IDE extension to provide developers with a CoPilot-like assistant that is based on the runtime data captured from their production and pre-production environments.
- Collaborate with the “Dynamic Code Instrumentation” team to tune how we extract debugging information from live applications in order to feed the Large Language Model, enabling more precise suggestions and autonomous debugging capabilities.
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or related scientific field or equivalent experience
- You’re an experienced backend engineer (Go, Java, Python) who values code simplicity and performance
- You are passionate about Generative AI and its ability to help software engineers be more productive
- You have relevant experience with Large Language Models, large-scale systems and data sets, machine learning, or adjacent fields.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a pragmatic solution
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have experience writing developer tools (such as IDEs, static code analysis tools, or compilers)
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Opportunity to collaborate closely with colleagues across the Datadog offices in New York City and Paris
- Opportunity to attend and present at conferences and meetups
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Get to build tools for software engineers, just like yourself, and help shape the product direction
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.