Mid-Market Sales Engineer
As a Mid-Market Sales Engineer, you will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POVs). Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners and have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate bug issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand. If you want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we’d love to meet you!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the sales team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Continually learn new technology to build competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Assist with technical discovery on key accounts and opportunities
- Deliver tailored product and technical presentations with potential clients
- Help clients evaluate the platform and assist when they run into roadblocks.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase. This entails communicating datadog’s value throughout an evaluation and working with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Datadog business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape
Who You Are:
- Someone with a minimum of 2 years experience in a Sales Engineering role
- Previous Observability experience
- Passionate about educating customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business, and able to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer
- Someone with strong written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of Datadog’s offering
- Able to work with all levels of clients from SREs/Developers up to Executives in communicating technical and business value and differentiators
- Comfortable and confident in delivering technical presentations/demos to either external customers or internal teams
- A proven track record of engaging in complex deals (ie. multiple teams, applications & stakeholders, champion building, competitive bake-offs/replacements) requiring strategic execution
- A strong background and understanding of technical infrastructure, cloud environment, and security
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, and traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 25% of the time
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $98,000.00 - $143,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.