Strategic Account Executive
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
As a Strategic Account Executive, the primary responsibility is to target and close enterprise strategic new logos across India. In this role you’ll be focused on uncovering the pain points organisations face as they operate in or migrate to a cloud environment at scale as well as delivering the appropriate Datadog solution.
What You’ll Do:
- Prospect into large Fortune India 500 companies while running an efficient sales process
- Maintain, build and own specific relationship maps for your territory including existing relationships and aspirational contacts
- Develop a deep comprehension of customer's business
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Manage both customer & prospect expectations while expanding & hunting reach and depth into assigned territory, respectively
- Demonstrate resourcefulness when faced with challenges that defy easy solutions
- Have intuitive sense of necessary steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Identify robust set of business drivers behind all opportunities
- Ensure high forecasting accuracy (minimum 90%) and consistency
Who You Are:
- Someone with 5+ years closing experience; mix of field selling within enterprise (as defined by Datadog, which is companies with more than 5000 employees)
- Driven and must have exceeded direct sales goals of 1M+ and operated with an average deal size of $100k+
- Able to demonstrate methodology to prospect and self-generate pipeline
- Experienced in working for an innovative tech company (SaaS, IT infrastructure or similar preferred)
- Experienced in selling into large Fortune India 500 companies with proven ability to win new logos
- Comfortable and confident and working with cross functional, overseas teams
- Able to travel up to 70% of the time within India and the wider APJ region
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on self performance
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous and competitive medical benefits package
- Retirement savings match
- Pet adoption and insurance program
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.