Software Engineer - Static Analysis Engine
Software Engineer - Static Analysis Engine
We are building our open-source static analyzer. You will extend language support for our static analyzer, develop new capabilities and features (such as data flow and multi-files analysis) and ensure that the analyzer integrates well with the Datadog ecosystem (IDE, Git Hooks and CI/CD pipelines).
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Extend language support of our static analyzer.
- Develop new features for our static analyzer such as data-flow and multi-files analysis.
- Support our static analyzer, fix bugs and address customer feedback.
- Support our Software Composition Analysis (SCA) product for CI/CD.
Who You Are:
- Software Engineer with a good understanding of programming language, parsers and semantic analysis. You understand how a parser works and you have experience with building your own parser or using parser generators such as tree-sitter or ANTLR. Experience with tree-sitter is a plus.
- Have a good understanding of our IDE and CI/CD tools work. You understand how to build an IDE plugin and can interact or support a team that integrates your software with an IDE. Bonus if you know how Language Server Protocol (LSP) works.
- Familiar with dependency analysis tools. You understand how package managers work and how dependencies impact the software supply chain and constitute an attack vector.
- Have bias for action. You like to get stuff done, ship high quality code quickly and iterate.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $130,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.