Software Engineer - Alerting Platform Automation
At Datadog, we process millions of monitors every minute, alerting our customers when configured thresholds are crossed. Engineers across the world trust us to alert them when necessary, so our Alerting stack needs to be reliable and scalable.
The Alerting Platform Automation team's main goal is to ensure our development team can code, build and deploy safely and reliably. We design and operate automation systems that can reproduce manual actions, reducing the toil as much as possible.
We measure and test our applications, ensuring they are running correctly and efficiently. We develop tooling to help our team and our users to better manage our platform, removing any friction whenever possible.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software engineer to help us maintain and scale the Alerting platform. In this position, you’ll interact daily with our users, understanding their needs, defining solutions, building necessary tooling and communicating with all our stakeholders appropriately.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build automation systems to replace all manual and repetitive tasks.
- Work with the Alerting engineering teams to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Identify reliability bottlenecks, then design solutions to mitigate or eliminate them entirely.
- Test and measure our systems to ensure they are able to operate efficiently and scale automatically
- Modify our applications, allowing them to degrade gracefully and self-heal in case of any issue.
Who You Are:
- You are able to analyse a problem, identify the core problem(s) and propose short-term and long-term solutions.
- You are a team-player, able to work easily with your team members or people from other development teams.
- You are able to communicate appropriately to your audience, from fellow devs to the top management
- You like to discover new technologies and are willing to learn new things
- You think that infrastructure and code are equally important
- Bonus points: knowledge of Kubernetes
- Bonus points: advanced knowledge of Python or Golang
- Bonus points: knowledge of CI/CD systems, especially Gitlab
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.