Manager 1, Engineering - Cloud Security Posture Management
Cloud Security Posture Management (a.k.a CSPM) is one key product from the Datadog security suite. CSPM scans the cloud assets of our customers (e.g S3 buckets, EC2 instances, kubernetes hosts..) in real time to identify potential misconfigurations that are making the customers vulnerable to attacks. CSPM prioritizes the misconfigurations to be fixed and provides recommendations to remediate them.
Following the General Availability of the product in summer 2021, our team has grown significantly, and we therefore need great managers who can help accompany the growth of this young team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey of Datadog in the security space, this is a great team to be in.
As the Engineering Manager of one of the Cloud Security Posture Management team, you will manage a team of 5+ backend engineers, and will work closely with the team and your counterparts from the other backend, frontend, product management and design teams to build the best security product in the market. Your work will make a significant impact on customers helping them to secure their cloud environment.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll spend around half of your time on management, and the rest doing hands-on technical work.
- You will be responsible for one of the backend teams in charge of Cloud Security Posture Management and will work with other EM1 (backend, Front-end, design) to build the best CSPM product for our customers.
- You’ll work with and mentor the engineers on your team. This might mean joining a brainstorm about a hard technical problem, reviewing an RFC, or discussing areas where they want to grow or have gaps, and supporting them in developing those skills. You won’t have all the answers but will help foster a high-performance and fun culture.
- You’ll contribute to our CSPM backend, adding functionality and debugging issues. The code you add will help customers prevent attacks!
- You’ll join our product manager and other engineers in working closely with partner customers to get early feedback on features we’re building, or even learn what features they need, and help respond to customer support cases that are escalated to our team.
- You’ll help us continue to raise the bar on the quality of our code and the stability of our services.
- You’ll work closely with your manager, the product manager, peer teams, and other stakeholders to help define priorities and build out the roadmap.
Who You Are:
- You have great communication skills, emotional intelligence and skills at collaborating with and coaching folks from different cultures.
- You have 6+ years of software development experience and can write production ready code in multiple languages such as Java, Python & Go.
- You have direct people management experience or a strong desire to develop as an engineering leader.
- You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments and find ways to drive outcomes working with key stakeholders.
- You are a technical polyglot that can work across various stacks and languages including high volume, distributed systems.
- You are interested to work in an environment that values shipping early and iterating, and keeping processes to the minimum needed to ship safely.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth: (Describe opportunities offered here)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.