Engineering Manager I - Compute Cloud
The Infrastructure organization within Datadog Engineering is creating a new team that will own all aspects of account management within each of our cloud providers. This will include providing the strategy and tooling needed for Datadog to take full advantage of cloud provider offerings, while minimizing risk and maximizing efficiency. As an Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead a team that will establish critical standards and systems for these formerly shared sets of responsibilities.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and mentor a team of software and system engineers
- Centralized tracking and management of all cloud provider accounts
- Define and enforce policies governing what accounts should be used for what purposes, when new accounts should be created, and what responsibilities account owners hold
- Build tooling that allows for automated account creation, monitoring, and delegation
- Tooling and policy for managing permissions across cloud provider accounts
- Own the “customer” side of our cloud provider relationships
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people manager or technical leader with strong mentorship skills. An ideal candidate will have experience in career development, performance management, tracking and optimizing team efficiency, OKRs, and hiring.
- You have hands-on experience with IAM on two or more of the leading cloud providers.
- You have experience with infrastructure as code tooling such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Pulumi, or others.
- You have experience with incident management.
- Coding skills in Go and/or Python. We automate as many manual processes as possible and use code to scale our impact. Our managers are expected to take a hands-on role when necessary: writing and reviewing software, as well as setting technical direction with design docs.
- Empathy, collaboration, and communication skills in English.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.