Engineering Manager I - Build Platforms
At Datadog, we are at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, and our CI Reliability team plays a pivotal role in ensuring the success of our engineering teams. We maintain and scale the internal CI infrastructure, running over 13 million builds per month. Our mission is to provide a reliable and secure environment that accommodates the ever-increasing demands of our engineering teams.
As a Software Engineering Manager for the CI Reliability team, you will be a critical part of our Developer Experience organization. You will be responsible for driving the technical direction of the team, ensuring the infrastructure meets scaling and security requirements, and providing a seamless experience for our engineers. Collaboration with other Developer Experience teams, such as Language Tools, and external teams is essential to establish strategies for building our software effectively.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of talented engineers in scaling our CI infrastructure to support millions of builds each month. Mentor team members, supporting their career development and growth within the organization.
- Play a pivotal role in defining and executing the strategy for CI usage across our entire engineering organization, contributing to the continuous improvement of our development processes.
- Collaborate with other teams in Developer Experience and the wider Engineering organization to understand their unique challenges and provide innovative solutions to enhance the effectiveness and security of their software development workflows.
- Drive the establishment of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices and methodologies to support both the existing CI Infrastructure and the development of our new build system, ensuring robustness, resilience, and operational excellence.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced software engineering leader with at least 2 years of experience as a people manager or technical leader. You are enthusiastic about leading a team that plays a critical role in the success of our engineering teams, and you have a strong passion for mentorship and career development.
- You excel in supporting the career development and growth of your team members within the organization, and you have a proven track record in hiring and building high-performing teams.
- You possess strong technical skills and have hands-on software development experience in Go. Your deep understanding of software development enables you to effectively drive the technical direction and decision-making of the team.
- With 2-3 years of experience in the SRE domain, you have a comprehensive understanding of running mission-critical systems and the importance of reliable and robust infrastructure.
- You have experience with running infrastructure applications, allowing you to navigate complex technical challenges and provide innovative solutions to enhance the effectiveness and security of our software development workflows.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.