Director, Mid-Market Sales
Our sales team works with a best-of-breed product that solves real problems for our customers. Sellers follow a well-defined methodology that helps them identify the customer’s unique needs and clearly convey the value of the Datadog product. Whether you’re looking to learn from the best or be the best, the Datadog sales team is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for developers, IT teams and business users in the cloud age. We’re scaling our West Coast Mid-Market Sales to help IT and Technology leaders recognize Datadog’s impact in their digital transformation and migration to the cloud. As we grow, we are searching for an experienced Director of Mid-Market Sales that has a passion for technology. Our Director of Mid-Market Sales will scale the team and provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for Mid-Market Sales Managers and their direct reports who are responsible for driving new business and full cycle sales.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of mid-market sales managers to their team’s sales quota attainment on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitor sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Develop and execute a dynamic, high-growth strategy to increase customer acquisition
- Continuously evaluate the sales process, finding sales processes to break into new markets and expand current markets
- Ability to provide regular and accurate revenue forecasting to leadership team
- Manage the sales funnel from lead to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Travel to San Francisco 2-3 times per quarter
Who You Are:
- Experienced in 6+ years of hi-tech sales
- Passionate about coaching, mentorship and team management
- Experienced at managing first line managers in all areas of the sales cycle
- Customer-centric with a strong track record of developing loyal and satisfied customers
- Personable and able to work as a member of a small team while interacting with peers, internal departments, and prospects
- Confident in managing complex/large revenue sales processes with multiple stakeholders and negotiations with pricing based on business value, legal and procurement
- Able to accurately forecast team performance
- Strongly attentive to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent oral and written communicator
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- President’s Club for top performers
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $145,000 - $171,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.