Director, Mid-Market Sales APJ
As a Director, Mid-Market Sales APJ you will provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for a newly built team of Mid-Market Account Executives. This role impacts one of the largest lines of business in the company, ultimately bringing a proven product to a multi-billion dollar market and selling into companies from 1,000 to 5,000 employees.
Datadog is launching Mid-Market in the APJ market. This is an exciting time for a leader looking to build out a new market within a well established, existing segment at Datadog.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire and attract top talent to build out, oversee and train an APJ distributed sales team
- Be a hands-on coach for individual contributors to lead reps to success in their roles
- Provide accurate forecasts for region/deal/territory by rep and as a rollup
- Facilitate the ramp up for all new team members, coaching them to success
- Develop and monitor effective outbound prospecting strategies to increase new customer acquisition
- Evaluate trends to identify areas for improvement and adopt global best-practices in the Mid-Market segment
- Cross-collaborate with stakeholder departments to actualize on go-to-market strategies, win key accounts, develop training curriculum, meet hiring goals etc
- Provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for earlier in career first line leaders and reps in other sales segments
Who You Are:
- Experienced in 6+ years of hi-tech, direct sales with a heavy emphasis on outbound pipeline generation and managing longer, high complexity sales cycles
- Able to accurately forecast team performance and hold people accountable
- Passionate about coaching, mentorship, and team management - Motivated by leading a sales team, setting quotas and managing your team against those quotas
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Customer-centric with a strong track record of developing satisfied customers
- Successful in working cross-functionally, leveraging strong organizational and time management expertise
- Someone who embodies our Sales Culture Principles: grit, teamwork, customer first and courage.
- Have some exposure to the complexities of the different markets in APJ (Asia Pacific and Japan).
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on performance
- Opportunity for Presidents Club
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.