Senior Product Manager - OpenTelemetry
At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
OpenTelemetry (OTel) is an open source observability framework that provides IT teams with standardized protocols and tools for collecting and routing telemetry data. Created as an incubator project by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), OpenTelemetry provides a consistent format for instrumenting, generating, gathering, and exporting application telemetry data—namely metrics, logs, and traces—to monitoring platforms for analysis.
As a Senior Product Manager responsible for OpenTelemetry (Otel) strategy at Datadog, you will play a crucial role in shaping and advancing the OpenTelemetry initiative. Your primary focus will be to drive the adoption and success of Otel. You will be working with Product Managers and Engineers across Datadog to define and promote the best customer experience for Datadog’s OpenTelemetry customers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of OpenTelemetry, its features, and use cases.
- Collaborate to co-create the OpenTelemetry overall strategy, aimed at delivering the best possible experience for OTel customers across Datadog (DD) products.
- Organize and lead regular business reviews with executives, providing valuable insights into the current state of OpenTelemetry affairs, customer adoption, and vital community updates.
- Engage and work closely with other business product teams within Datadog, providing coaching and guidance on OpenTelemetry to help them deliver an exceptional experience for DD OTel customers.
- Partner with marketing and cross functional teams including sales, customer success and support teams,to support both marketing efforts and the needs of existing OTel customers. Your messaging will help articulate the value and benefits of Otel to potential and current clients.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager (ideally working on SDKs and Client Libraries)
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and possess a deep interest, understanding, and knowledge in software development
- Familiarity with OpenTelemetry and its ecosystem is a significant advantage.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to technical stakeholders and executives alike
- You are customer focused with high quality standards for your products
- You are passionate to work in a high growth and impact environment to build new products and scaling existing ones
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.