Senior Product Designer - Incident Management
As the Senior Product Designer for Incident Management, you will own the end-to-end design of Datadog’s Incident Management products that our customers use.
When a system experiences an outage, the tools engineers use to respond can make all the difference in how quickly they identify, stabilize, and resolve the incident, and avoid it in the future. We’re looking for a passionate designer who can dive deep into the workflows engineers use during an incident, empathize with their pain points and mindset, and advocate for simple and elegant solutions that meet their needs.
You’ll be working as part of the Service Management Design Team, which is responsible for designing experiences for a suite of tools that help group related alerts together to holistically view a problem, triage and troubleshoot issues, and enable streamlined IT operations and processes. As part of the Service Management Design team you’ll work closely with three other designers who work on their respective products that are part of this larger Service Management user journey.
On Incident Management, you'll collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Engineering team, helping the team drive the product forward and shape a user-centric experience.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to ensure that we build the right product for our customers, and that the design is well-planned, structured, and efficiently executed.
- Work with other designers on your team to create a cohesive and intuitive user journey between the Service Management product suite.
- Possess a research and strategic mindset to ensure the product resonates with users.
- Act as an end-to-end product designer who can sketch, prototype and see your product through to production.
- Communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions internally to your product team and the whole company.
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built and Q/A them before we ship.
- Be the expert in your product area, mentoring other designers on the team to do their best work.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping intuitive web experiences.
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator who is able to clearly communicate your design work and justify your design decisions
- You have experience with advanced modern-day UX/UI tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch).
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- Familiarity designing for developer tools, process-tracking, and/or incident management tools.
- You have experience in a SaaS or B2B startup and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $157,000 - $205,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.