The Director for our Advocacy team is a key people and technical leader. Reporting to and working closely with the VP of Technical Community, you will support the success of our Advocacy team. Our Developer Advocates are a global team of ~20 engineers, who foster a community and movement of building better software. The focus of our team is to help our community solve real world technical problems.
What You’ll Do:
- People manager for approximately 5 direct reports, including people managers and ICs, ensuring people managers are effectively managing growth, promotion, happiness and performance issues within their teams
- Continue to promote a positive team culture and strengthen our team’s identity of building trust with our customers by delivering technical value
- Be responsible for defining the team’s OKRs (objectives and key results) and team strategy, driving the execution of these, defining and tracking metrics to measure success
- Oversee, guide and review strategic projects that proactively resolve gaps in the team
- Play a key role in recruiting and scaling our team, actively build relationships and source candidates through your network, interview candidates, and help make key hiring decisions
- Be involved in delivering high-quality content as needed (e.g. videos and talks) to positively represent Datadog to our community and educate team on new trends and best practices within advocacy
- Work across various internal teams, including Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure they are supported across the growing number of advocacy initiatives
Who You Are:
- Experience in a similar role where you have lead a growing Developer Advocacy team, being responsible for building roadmap, customer strategy, OKRs and measuring success
- Passionate people leader with extensive experience hiring and growing teams, including other people managers, ideally across multiple time zones
- An experienced and respected developer advocate, skilled at reaching software developers across multiple channels, such as written content, conference talks, leading workshops, live streaming or recording videos, contributing to open source, and participating in community events
- Previous experience as a software developer, SRE, or other technical practitioner, ideally with strong exposure and knowledge within the cloud observability industry
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $225,000 - $327,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.