Manager 1, Engineering - Real User Monitoring
The Real User Monitoring (RUM) team is responsible for building our Frontend and Mobile application monitoring product. Our tools help developers monitor the health of their application, evaluate performance metrics and analyze user-facing issues.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build new experiences with a strong focus on helping developers understand the impact of performance issues or critical errors and guide them towards solutions. You'll lead a team of talented Frontend developers, and support them as we grow our product to a new scale: offering dedicated solutions to multiple types of issues as well as supporting new platforms and frameworks.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and develop a team of frontend engineers
- Drive the team to define and implement systems and tools to help scale our codebase and solve our technical challenges. Implement some of them yourself.
- Work closely with product managers to develop and execute on the product vision and support in defining our next steps
- Drive delivery following agile methodologies ensuring clear communication within your team, your department and across Datadog
- Collaborate with teams in the department to implement new features across the stack
Who You Are
- You have 1+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- You have a background as a frontend or full stack engineer
- You have experience collaborating with product managers and designers in cross-functional teams
- You care about building a product that fits user needs and has a strong focus on the user experience
- You are pragmatic when it comes to solutions and technology
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.