Technical Escalations Engineer 2 (Logs) - US-West
Technical Escalations Engineer 2
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers via multi-channel technical support, demos, and presentations. You’ll be joining a team and company where you will be challenged, but also will immediately witness your contributions to Datadog.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop technical knowledge around our Logs Management platform and related logs technologies (scanners, audit trail, etc)
- Investigate customer escalations, lead technical calls with clients, and handle complex issues about customers' issues in your primary product area
- Respond to customer inquiries as needed
- Partner with our Technical Enablement team to maintain documentation and knowledge base articles for a variety of technologies within your area(s) of expertise
- Prepare the worldwide Technical Support Engineering team for new products and features, ensuring the technical proficiency of the team
- Run office hours and lead training sessions for the Technical Support Engineering team
- Work from a Datadog office 3 - 5 days per week
Who You Are:
- Experienced in multi-channel technical support at a SaaS company (2+ years of related experience)
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, strong communication (written and verbal) and have a desire for continuous learning
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach
- Able to pick up new skills quickly and come up with creative solutions to complex problems
- Confident in your skills with Python or Go and a basic knowledge of Linux
- Active contributor to open-source projects (code, bug reports, etc.) and the Engineering Community (Meetups, etc.)
- Experienced using Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, or similar software
- Experienced administering a Windows environment, or knowledgeable about the Windows operating system
- Experienced with monitoring Java applications using mBeans
- Someone who studied a Computer Science or Engineering major
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $80,000 - $117,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.