Staff Security Engineer - Remote Configuration
The Remote Configuration team is building a platform that allows the Datadog backend to safely and reliably change the behaviors of agents and tracers that are deployed in our customers' infrastructure.
This platform is being leveraged by many products at Datadog to build exciting new features such as blocking malicious requests, dynamically adding logs/metrics/spans to services running in production, quickly protecting customers against new vulnerabilities and many others.
We are looking for a Security Software Engineer who will help us review, design, implement, and test security for a wide variety of Remote Configuration products.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with geographically distributed software engineers and security engineers.
- Translating high-level initiatives into concrete deliverables.
- Performing systematic threat modeling of Remote Config services and products.
- Designing concrete security solutions to mitigate risks identified in threat models.
- Participate in the development of the platform.
- Write and review design documents.
Who You Are:
- A security engineer for at least 5+ years.
- Proficient in a common programming language (such as Go, or Python) with a willingness to learn Go, if necessary.
- You can get down to the low-level when needed.
- A fast learner who is able to pick up new ideas in software and security on the fly.
- Confident presenting your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged, while responding well to feedback.
- Comfortable working independently.
Benefits and Growth:
- As a key member of the team developing the Agent, you will have an opportunity to influence and contribute to the architecture of multiple Datadog products as well as the Datadog platform as a whole
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.