Software Engineer - Core Observability
Core Observability is a Core SRE team focused on our internal observability stack (yes, this includes Datadog!). Our mission is to establish golden paths to use and configure these tools, as we believe an efficient and effective use of observability is essential to implement effective SRE practices. Our main objectives are to support our engineers' daily operations, streamline the configuration, oversee usage and keep it sustainable as the organization grows. To achieve that, we have to build a number of different tools and automation, integrate with various platforms and services at Datadog, and work with the relevant expert product teams.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish new golden paths for observability and build adoption for them across all engineering teams (examples of past projects: Access Control, Production Service Catalog, Multi-Regional Datadog Configuration)
- Define what is an efficient and sustainable Datadog usage by gathering the needs of our eng teams
- Collaborate with Technical Account Managers (Datadog usage experts who work with our customers) and Product Managers to promote best practices in the Datadog products and help with dogfooding new features
- With your team, mentor engineers and drive the next projects to work on
Who You Are:
- You have strong communication skills and experience working with cross functional teams
- You have experience of managing observability at scale and ready to advocate for enhanced practices
- You have experience leading the adoption of programs/projects with wide impact across Engineering.
- You have 5+ years in software engineering
- You have good coding skills in Go and/or Python. We automate as many manual processes as possible and use code to scale our impact
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.