Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
As a Software Engineer - Frontend on a feature team, you'll be responsible for building an intuitive, responsive product. Your work will help thousands of customers to monitor the health and performance of their systems, no matter the scale. In this capacity, you’ll use tools like React and Typescript to help streamline the flow of data from platform to user, enable seamless pivots from one view to the next, and build a powerful yet easy-to-use platform.
You will work on complex frontend challenges for thousands of customers with huge sets of data and work on exciting scalability and performance challenges. Our users are also developers so you will feel close to the product and have an impact on the development world.
You will be part of a front-end community of 200+ passionate frontend engineers and you will be surrounded by experts. Join us to build the next generation of high-scale, data-powered features for our customers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with backend engineers, product managers and designers to inform/refine/validate design concepts
- Break down complex features into distributable engineering tasks and rollout plans
- Design and deliver features that have direct impact on thousands of users
- Experiment with and advocate for new systems, design patterns, and tooling
- Participate in hackathons, sync with other Front end engineers at the monthly demos meeting and yearly Front End summit
- Use and contribute to a best-in-class in-house design system
- Own meaningful parts of our service, improve performance and address scalability limits
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
Who You Are:
- You have been designing and engineering UIs for several years
- You know how to use design patterns to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs
- You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- You value code simplicity, performance and details
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.