Senior Software Engineer - Event Management
Events are a crucial component of our product that records notable changes relevant for managing and troubleshooting IT operations for customers, such as code deployments, service health, configuration changes, or monitoring alerts. At datadog, we provide a high scalable, low latency and high durable pipeline to ingest, store, analyze and query events for customers in real-time billions of events per second from companies all over the globe, and then we provide other features like event correlation, event metrics/monitor to help bring value to user. The platforms are optimized for durability, high availability, low latency, internet-scale footprint and operability.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and operate distributed, high-throughput, real-time data pipelines
- Do it in Go and Java, with bits of Python or other languages
- Use Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and other open-source components
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- Build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable solutions running in multi-tenant environments
- Debug and solve challenging cross-systems issues in production
- Remove scaling and reliability bottlenecks in critical services
- Design and architecture the more effective data pipeline using modern architecture
- Write a significant amount of code, lead architectural decisions for new and existing services
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages(Go, Java, Python) and experience working on large scale and low latency systems
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have proven ability to architect, build, and operate distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You can get down to the low-level when needed
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You are accountable team player that likes to get things done
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.