Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Network Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Networks
Position Overview: The Cloud Networks team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the network infrastructure that all other teams at Datadog can build on top of, such as VPCs, NAT/Internet gateways, proxies, cross-region connectivity, developer access… We operate in a multi-cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) and multi-region environment, with an always expanding footprint that’s often pushing the limits of what Cloud Service Providers can do.
We partner with CSPs to understand the intricacies of their network services, influence their roadmap and integrate their newest solutions into our infrastructure.
You will collaborate closely with engineering and product teams to understand customer, business, and technical requirements, and propose network designs or modifications that meet functional, performance, scale, and compliance requirements. Your expertise in cloud networking, automation, and proficiency in scripting or coding will be essential in maintaining a robust and efficient network.
- Design, plan, and implement scalable cloud networking infrastructure across 3 Cloud Providers
- Monitor and proactively manage the network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance, availability, and security.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address and resolve network-related issues, and identify opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- Act as a subject matter expert on at least one Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) network services.
- Work with automation frameworks to streamline network provisioning and management processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience operating, deploying, and/or designing large-scale network, optical, and/or physical layer infrastructure.
- Expertise in at least one Cloud Provider and their network services.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols & technologies such as BGP, OSPF, anycast routing, MPLS, IPSec, Wireguard…
- Proficiency with code, and the ability to do scripting or coding in at least one popular language (Go, Python, Bash, etc).
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform for network provisioning and management.
- Ability to solve problems through automation to enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Experience with purchasing, negotiating and end-to-end management of vendors, such as managing RFPs and contract negotiations.
- Strong understanding of the Linux networking stack
- Familiarity with Kubernetes networking
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.