Senior Director, Field Marketing (Global)
Datadog is looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Field Marketing to help lead our field marketing efforts as we continue to scale and expand globally. Reporting into the VP of Digital Operations & Field Marketing, this innovative marketing leader will be asked to create, execute and measure the field marketing strategy for a global team of 20+, and will drive alignment amongst senior sales leaders, amplify our pipeline generation efforts, accelerate deal cycles, and ultimately win business.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor and scale a high-performing global Field Marketing team of 20+ to drive pipeline growth, support regional sales objectives and increase brand awareness.
- Design and implement a global field marketing strategy that includes in-person and virtual marketing programs, focusing on outcomes that drive pipeline generation and new customer acquisition.
- Focus heavily on new opportunity generation versus opportunity acceleration, collaborating with the Sales and Growth Strategy teams on account targeting and support for an ABM approach to field initiatives.
- Track and measure all field marketing activities and optimize resources against outcomes and budget
- Ensure there is a standardized deployment of field events and campaigns globally where there is little deviation in format, content, execution, and performance metrics.
- Partner and build relationships with key internal stakeholders from Sales, Technical Evangelists, and adjacent marketing teams.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree a plus)
- 10+ years of field marketing experience, with 5+ years leading high-performing field marketing teams globally
- Strong experience with using field marketing as a vehicle for new pipeline generation
- Ability to think strategically and understand how field marketing can best fit into the broader go to market plan
- Experience in the Americas/EMEA/APAC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Desire to work in a high-growth startup atmosphere
- Can travel 50%+
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $229,000.00 - $300,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.