Senior Data Scientist - Large Language Models / Generative AI
The Data Science team designs and builds algorithmically driven features in the Datadog app. We work across a range of applications, primarily focusing on analysis on streaming data such as anomaly detection, error outliers and faulty deployment analysis. As a Data Scientist in the Data Science Front Line team, you will work on building models and algorithms for machine learning powered features within the Datadog platform. You will work closely with our engineering and product partners to explore, build, scale and deliver these features that we incubate within the Data Science Front Line team.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Design solutions for our different use cases. You will research and benchmark relevant algorithms to find the best fit for our use-cases
- Leverage machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build new scalable product features
- Develop, deploy and monitor new and existing features to production
- Participate in our journal club by reading and presenting the latest academic research papers to the team
- Explore, analyze and tell the story behind high volumes of data flowing through Datadog systems
- Maintain and monitor the models, services and infrastructure owned by your team
- Participate in your team’s on-call rotation
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or related scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have experience working with high-scale systems and datasets including building models, applying machine learning to real business problems, and writing production data pipelines
- You can explain complex ideas and algorithms to non-technical audiences
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You are excited to work on a user-facing product
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Opportunity to collaborate closely with colleagues across the Datadog offices in New York City and Paris
- Opportunity to attend and present at conferences and meetups
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.