Security Engineer - Software Integrity and Trust
We are looking for a Security Engineer for the Software Integrity and Trust team to build systems that protect Datadog against various forms of supply-chain attacks.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact: supply-chain attacks are currently the fastest growing topic in security. The attacks we build protections for include malicious dependencies and compromise of git repositories, CI jobs, or distribution flow. Your work will also contribute to improving the security guarantees we give publicly to our customers, since we are a part of their supply chain. You will be involved in every step of the team’s work: discussing with other teams, be they partners or users, designing projects, building and operating them (in a full dev-sec-ops manner).
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Get a deep understanding of Datadog’s software development life cycle, software supply chain, build pipelines, delivery mechanisms and configuration management
- Perform threat modeling and security assessment of all of these systems
- Help other teams remediating security risks that were identified in their Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Design, implement, operate and maintain systems improving the security of Datadog against supply-chain attacks
- Serve as a security subject matter expert to other teams
- Help spread security knowledge within Datadog and nurture a healthy security culture among engineering teams
Who You Are:
- You are a fast learner and are able to navigate a large organization to gather information
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team
- You have some experience with some of these technologies: Go, Python, Continuous Integration (CI), cloud computing, signatures, access control
- You have experience working in information security, either as a security engineer or as a software engineer working on security-sensitive systems
- You have good technical writing skills and can explain complex topics in simple terms
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.