Privacy Analyst II
The Privacy Operations team is the front line for Datadog’s Privacy organization. This role will provide subject matter knowledge while supporting the day to day operations and responsibilities of the Privacy team. Working cross-functionally at Datadog and on a variety of projects to implement privacy processes, you will be a champion of Datadog’s privacy practices, and an innovative collaborator across the organization. You will work on challenging projects, make an impact, and grow as a Privacy Professional.
Datadog is building a world class privacy program to keep our employees and end user’s privacy safeguarded from real world threats. You will help us face the challenges presented by our diverse user base and a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
- Partner with stakeholders across various functions to support all things Privacy.
- Digest complex privacy requests from stakeholders, and, based on the contexts in which they might have been created, identify key risks, and develop concrete recommendations to reduce the privacy risk to Datadog.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and legal stakeholders to define and implement privacy controls, unblock challenges and encourage preserving privacy defaults.
- Support daily operational work, including vendor reviews, compliance documentation. (e.g., Records of Processing Activity, Privacy Impact Assessments), data subject rights requests, privacy complaints and privacy risk reviews.
- Do everything with an eye towards developing and improving process effectiveness and efficiency.
Who You Are
- You have a BS or equivalent experience.
- You have 4 or more years of experience working in the privacy space or a related field.
- You have an eye for detail and a strong pen, ready to document processes and policies related to the Privacy program as they’re being built and improved for efficiency.
- You have some exposure to corporate business processes, including sales, marketing, people operations, recruitment, etc.
- You have experience completing compliance documentation related to Privacy.
- You have experience in day-to-day privacy program operations, and are able to identify and escalate risks and issues to leadership appropriately.
- You have a strong understanding of the current privacy landscape and regulations in-place, and have significant experience with privacy frameworks, including GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, HIPAA, ISO 27701, NIST Privacy Framework, etc.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies and product development frameworks.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- Certifications are not a strict requirement but are appreciated (e.g., IAPP CIPT, CIPP, CIPM, etc.).
- You’ve built relationships cross-functionally to advocate for privacy while balancing business objectives.
- You take pride in your writing ability and have been praised for it.
- You have experience with Metabase or other data visualization tools.
- You have project management experience.
- You have a strong familiarity with cloud-native productivity tools.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $118,000 - $157,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.