Engineering Manager I - Dashboards Backend
Dashboards are a crucial component of our product, serving as a central hub where our customers spend a significant amount of time creating and analyzing pages to monitor the performance, health, and operations of their systems.
Our Dashboards Backend Team is responsible for the backend infrastructure that powers this key product. We manage a range of storage systems and services, and we're persistently innovating and enhancing our suite of APIs, services, and storage systems to accommodate the forthcoming generation of features and scalability.
As the Engineering Manager for the Dashboards Backend Team, you will actively support and guide the team in shaping the product's direction and overseeing its technical execution. You will create a supportive environment that enables your team to thrive and achieve their best work. This position provides a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our product and team's development while actively contributing to the evolution of our backend systems.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and grow the engineering team: developing their skills and supporting their careers
- You’ll help define priorities and build out the roadmap, along with your team, product manager, internal and external stakeholders
- Own the full development lifecycle and operations of our systems
- Be technically involved with the team: contributing to architectural discussions, reviewing RFCs and pull requests, and sometimes contributing code yourself
Who You Are:
- You have management experience and are passionate about building a great team culture.
- You have a proven track record of executing and delivering.
- You have built and maintained systems at scale.
- You have experience working in an environment with a high bar for reliability and security (e.g., managing on-call for a team, operating live services, having the team write RFCs).
- You have experience with backend languages such as Go, Python
- You have experience communicating and collaborating with other teams and stakeholders.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.