Director, Product Management - Service Management
Director, Product Management - Service Management
As a Director, Product Management - Service Management, you will work with a team of product managers and engineers to build a product that our customers use to actively maintain the health of the services they deliver.
Datadog is well-known for observability products but what happens when that telemetry points to service degradation? You will need to provide the tools and signal processing to bring sanity to change management and ongoing maintenance of the most sophisticated distributed systems in the world – written by thousands of engineers, comprising tens of thousands of micro-services and deployed to hundreds of thousands of hosts across all major cloud providers and private data centers. Invariably these systems will fail in new and unexpected ways, and your product will also facilitate a team’s response in urgent, high-stress situations.
Service Management will complement both our performance monitoring and security businesses. This is a large market with mostly legacy competition, and this is the perfect time to address the needs of the enterprise as it moves into the cloud and to capture existing budgets.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and market.
- Work with world-class Product and Engineering teams to develop and evangelize product priorities and roadmaps that inspire our teams’ best work and deliver real value
- Manage and grow both manager and IC PMs, ensuring they’re happy, motivated, and delivering high quality work
- Source candidates and help us grow the Product Management team
- Support and empower the Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Solutions teams to ensure the broadest reach and the best possible customer experience
- Contribute to a culture of learning and collaboration across the department and broader organization
Who You Are:
- An experienced leader in Product Management, ideally at a SaaS company with strong sense of Infrastructure monitoring and an obsession with solving customer problems to grow the business
- You have either worked as an engineer previously or have extensive technical knowledge to be able to discuss technical concepts with customers and internally
- (optionally) Are aware of ITIL and other ITSM tools and have opinions about their ability to address cloud environments.
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-minded with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $272,000 - $340,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.